Looking to learn more about swinging or maybe see how your partner might respond to the idea of consensual non-monogamy? Watching a swinging movie or a tv show can be helpful… assuming it realistically portrays the swinging lifestyle.
Before we entered the lifestyle, we liked to watch Swing on Playboy TV. Swing is a reality show featuring experienced, real-life swinging couples welcoming a newbie couple into the lifestyle. It takes place in a private mansion and features some delightful eye candy! The experienced couples coach the new couples to see if they’re ready to enter the lifestyle or if swinging might not be a good idea for their relationship.
Swing on Playboy TV is an awesome swinging resource for newbies or curious vanilla couples. It does a good job demonstrating the sex-positive atmosphere you will encounter in the swinging lifestyle. It is super fun to watch, a bit educational, sexy as heck, and a great way to start a conversation with your partner. Even if you don’t decide to test the swinging waters, watching Swing is a good way to start a sexy, intimate evening with your loved one.
To watch this show you can sign up for Playboy TV or just Google “Playboy TV Swing Episode” to find it online. Ask your partner if they’d like to watch this interesting, sexy reality show you found. Create a comfortable, sensual atmosphere. Maybe open a bottle a wine, lay out some chocolates or snacks, and sensually cuddle together as you settle in to watch an episode. Take the time to compliment your partner during the show. Let your partner know they look better to you than the sexy people on the screen. The more you reassure your partner that you find them sexy, the more likely they are to view swinging in a positive light without fear or insecurity.
After the episode, keep cuddling or take your partner to bed. When there is a relaxed moment, ask your partner if they were ever curious about what a real swinger club looked like. Would they ever want to visit one, just to browse – without any swapping? Remember, it is usually best to take baby steps. You don’t want to spook your partner. Keep thinking of ways that you can demonstrate and communicate how much you love them and your relationship.
If you don’t like Swing, there are other movies & shows you can try but tend to not be nearly as accurate. Hollywood tends to play up the wild fantasy & dramatic aspects because they are trying to entertain & not really focusing on being correct or educational. Here are some other movies to consider:
- The Overnight: a 2015 mystery/comedy about a couple being invited over for dinner by another couple that they don’t immediately realize are swingers.
- Dos Mas Dos (2+2): a 2012 comedy about two couples getting bored on a vanilla double date, and one of the couples reveals they also dabble in swinging.
- Real Life Wife Swap: a 2004 British documentary about wife swapping.
- Open Invitation – A Real Swingers Party in San Francisco: this is more of an adult flick than a traditional movie.
- Marriage 2.0: a 2015 movie made by the sex toy company Adam & Eve that is more a frank discussion about relationships and less of a porn film.
- Yes, We are open: a 2012 movie about a couple curious about experimenting with an open relationship.
- Eyes Wide Shut: Stanley Kubrick’s 1999 drama isn’t about swinging, but rather cheating with some fake Hollywood sex party scenes. We mention it only because people ask about it but we don’t suggest it.
After watching these movies make sure to communicate with each other about how you feel and what questions you have. After a good bit of communication, you should have a good feeling about how your partner feels towards the lifestyle. Conversely, your partner will probably realize that you’re interested in swinging. This does not mean you or your partner is ready to start swinging. Chill out. There is no rush. There are always sexy swinging parties every weekend, so there is no reason to rush into something you and your partner aren’t ready or prepared to handle. Take your time learning & educating yourself to make the best decisions for your own personal swinging decision.