We’re sorry to break the news to you, but neighborhood key parties have become more of a Hollywood myth than an actual way to meet real swingers. The digital age has brought many dating websites and smartphone applications dedicated to the swinging lifestyle. If you’ve not already tried online dating, you might be in for a surprise at just how easy and productive it is. Gone are the days of having to suffer through countless bad meetups before you find a like-minded, compatible couple. With location features and filters to help you narrow down your search, digital swinger dating is better than ever before.
You might be familiar with dating apps that are primarily targeted towards a monogamous crowd but they can be a bad option for swingers. Many of the monogamous dating sites don’t allow a couple to share a single account. Not to mention that most of the people you will find on those apps are more interested in getting married, which is obviously not what swingers want. Let’s be honest – swinging is a niche sexual interest and we don’t want to waste time while searching for other people that are open to non-monogamous sexy fun. To help you save your time, we’ve compiled the apps that are the best for matching with other people in the swinging lifestyle. Though they rarely offer a ‘swingers’ filter per se, if you select ‘non monogamous’ you are bound to find other swinging couples or singles interested in joining couples.
Smartphone Swinger Apps
Apps are great because of the location features that help you match with people nearby using your phone’s GPS, and because you can use them wherever you are. Nobody likes opening a dating website on the work computer, but flicking through an app on the commute home is much more subtle, and uses up some dull minutes of the day to do something more exciting. Just remember that using apps can expose your GPS location, which might be worrisome for swingers concerned about their privacy.
If you don’t have a smartphone, scroll down for our list of favorite swinger websites.
It was formerly named 3ndr but is now just called Feeld. We like it because it is one of the more well-designed apps, and because it was intentionally built for finding other non-monogamous sexy people. Feeld uses the familiar ‘Tinder style’ swiping system and shows you profiles based on your filters. This smartphone app is based around finding threesomes, for both couples and swingers. It’s one of the better apps if you are just looking for casual sex.
- LGBTQ+ friendly and offers a variety of sexual orientation/gender options for your profile and filters
- Links via your Facebook account, and takes away some of the tedious profile building you have to do manually on other apps
- A lot of users from all over the world
- Quite specifically for threesomes, which is great if that is what tickles your fancy
- You can search for local meet ups
- You can only use photos you already have on your Facebook account
- Not the best for finding couples since it was originally designed to facilitate threesomes
- Privacy concern since it connects with Facebook
This hook-up website has been around forever. Okay, not quite forever, but certainly a long time and also has a mobile app. It is definitely a well-established dating website for non-monogamous people. With over 77 million members, it’s definitely popular with people that like to enjoy the sexier side of life.
- Free to register, and affordable monthly price for premium features
- One of the more well-known sites
- Popular with swingers
- Not dedicated to swinging but plenty of people open to non-monogamy
This dating website also has a mobile app & allows non-monogamous profile. OKCupid is more about finding people who you match with on a deeper level than just one night stands and hookups, and the filters make it easy to find people in your area with similar interests.
- Great informative questions on profiles that really give you insight into the people behind the profile
- There is a filter for non-monogamous people
- Mostly a vanilla dating site, non-monogamous profiles are a small minority
- You don’t need a match for someone to message, which can lead to some unpleasantries in your inbox.
This is the classic hookup app and is very appealing to swingers. We do not recommend Tinder even though it is very well known & one of the biggest hook-up apps. The problem is that this is a vanilla app. Most people are not interested in a threesome and it does not allow shared couple accounts. You are much better served using an app or website that is dedicated to the swinging lifestyle. Tinder is a possible option if you are looking to play solo with another person. You can upgrade to a premium account to better protect your swinger privacy and only show your profile to the accounts you approve. If you are thinking about fishing for a bisexual unicorn please think twice. Most single women on Tinder hate the bait & switch tactic of turning a one-on-one encounter into a threesome. You will have better success using a dedicated swinger app.
- One of the biggest hook-up apps
- Free to join
- Prices for premium tools increase with your age
- Not open to swingers or shared couple accounts
This app is like Feeld but worse in almost every category. For most cities 3Fun has fewer profiles so its not as good as Feeld and it tends to cost more. You can try it and we hope it works better for you but for most swingers it is not the best choice. In August 2019, it became infamous for very weak security that leaked user data including GPS locations, private photos, date of birth, and other information.
- Designed for non-monogamous community
- Need to pay to start conversations if you haven’t mutually matched
- Smaller user base and not very popular outside of big cities
- Bad history of really weak security
This app was designed for the polyamorous community and gives you many ways to explain who you are and what you might be interested in for a long-term polyamory relationship. Though you can only make a profile as a single person, you can also link your partner’s profile so potential matches can check them out as well. This is not a good option for swingers unless you are actually open to a polyamory relationship.
- There is a great community aspect and you can find events, support groups, and resources local to you
- The profile pairing option gives you a good sense of both halves of the couple you are talking to rather than just seeing an individual profile
- Relatively small user base compared to other apps
- Polyamory is very different from swinging
PS…SLS, SDC & Others
Many dedicated swinger dating sites like SLS, SDC & others have mobile apps. These apps tend to be more like simple conversions of their website and you will probably be happier going through their website. It is frustrating for swingers that want smartphone apps but these swinger dating websites tend to be much more successful than any app on our list…by far. Just make sure you join the swinger dating website that is popular for your local area as they are very region specific.
Honorable Mention – KIK
Once you find friendly swingers, you will want to communicate with them. KIK is a free online texting & image sharing app. It offers a great way to communicate with swingers without exposing your vanilla phone number. KIK also supports group chats so you can have a four way chat with your favorite swinger couple about your next date or organize your own local swinger group via KIK. You can also voice verify or video verify using KIK. KIK announced they will be shutting down in the near future. You can go here to discover the best alternatives to KIK
Whichever platform you choose to use to find like-minded swinging partners, it’s important to fill out your profile honestly. Showing your personality will mean you are more likely to find people compatible with you (and/or your partner), and you’ll be in for a great time. Posting a picture (even a headless body shot) will tremendously boost attention to your profile. Becoming a certified/verified profile on your swinger site also makes a huge difference.